Wednesday, October 28, 2009

DATA SNAP: Spain Sep Retail Sales -3.4% On Yr Vs -4% In Aug

MADRID (Dow Jones)--Spanish retail sales continued to fall in September, Spain's National Statistics Institute said Wednesday, as high unemployment weighs on consumer spending.

Spanish retail sales fell 3.4% on the year earlier in September after falling by 4% on the year in August and by 4.6% on the year in July, the INE said in a statement.

In calendar-adjusted terms, retail sales also fell by 3.4% in September.

Spanish consumer spending has been undermined by rapidly rising unemployment and declining consumer confidence as the country's ailing construction industry sheds hundreds of thousands of jobs.

INE Web site: www.ine.es

-By Jonathan House, Dow Jones Newswires; +34 91 395 8121; jonathan.house@dowjones.com

1 comment:

  1. I was worried when I was about to purchase my house with my bad credit score. I was declined a loan from my bank and couldn't get it. I explained to a friend, he then introduced me to the greatest man of all time ( Mr Benjamin Lee) . I explained my problem to him by sending a text to his mail and he helped me get everything solved in the space of 3 working days. He granted me a loan of 3,000,000.00 Euros to pay for my house in which I also used to expand my business as well. May God bless him! you can apply for a quick loan from Mr Benjamin Lee who is working with a group of investors..He’s the wizard everyone is talking about all over the internet..Contact him via Mail on 247officedept@gmail.com. WhatsApp Number: +1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete